London_20060304_1429

21 June, 2005

The internet is broken!



Time flies when you’re having none.

Trying to make a living playing poker online is a compelling prospect indeed.
Imagine being at work in your underwear, sipping beer and playing poker.
…I could do with some of that. Although I haven’t attained a level of consistency online whereby I can say I am working, I am playing poker in-between writing this (or should I say, I am writing this in-between playing poker…).
It’s tricky. The thing about playing online is, I become really bored and subsequently I lose discipline, which is a no-no whether in a real life game or online.

On another matter; don’t you hate people who refer to the internet like an entity, or a single piece of hardware that exists somewhere within the vicinity of places that have ‘the internet’?
All day at work we had problems going online both with our main and back-up connection. For a company that relies on the internet for everything except making coffee, this was a wasted day. We spent the whole day in the park more or less.
It was there I overheard a colleague saying “I wish we could pay someone to break the internet more often”, followed seconds later by “I wish the internet would break everyday!”. How the fuck do you break the internet?
I was also once advised by a young lady that the reason I couldn’t boot my computer, was because I had had ‘the internet’ on there, and “quite often computers break when they have ‘the internet’”. What, The Internet? Show me exactly where it is!

Gimme a break

5 Comments:

Blogger tseuq said...

2 hours later I am $29 up; shit hourly wage, but the way I see it, I just got paid to play a game!

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad going, you thinking about a career change? (Joep)

8:56 am  
Blogger tseuq said...

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with poker :)
How's the apprentice ship going?
Oh and will you be visiting on the dtes we discussed?

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is bloody hard work at the moment, I have deadline looming. Still I am enjoying myself! I will be in the UK on those dates. I had to laugh about the internet story. Very familiar. Nice pics on flickr btw. Keep writing! (Joep)

9:36 am  
Blogger tseuq said...

OK! I look forward to seeing you!
Don't buckle under the pressure!

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home